Steam and dry cleaning are easily the most common carpet cleaning techniques used today. These methods also work on, upholstery, rugs, curtains and also car interiors or any soft fabrics that are susceptible to dust and dirt.
It goes without saying that not all cleaning methods are the same. Some areas require specific treatments wither doe to the material itself, or the stain and dirt to be removed.
Other factors like the drying time, pets, children and even humidity may need to be calculated.
Here are some basic facts regarding steam carpet cleaning:
- Its estimated 90% of Professional Carpet Cleaners utilise steam cleaning(Hot Water Extraction) as their primary method for carpet, upholstery, rug and other cleaning
- Most carpet and rug manufacturers recommend steam cleaning as the best treatment for heavily soiled areas
- Steam is also considered as the most economical form for pest control and it is safe for pets and children
- It is the only cleaning method thats classified as “deep cleaning”. Others methods are considered “light surface cleaning” as they are not capable of removing dirt and stains from deep in the pile
- Cleaning using steam also helps to maintain the color and the texture due to less reliance on heavy chemicals
- You can use this treatment as often as necessary because the water vapor extraction leaves no residue and won’t damage your carpets with overuse
- The steam also helps contribute to healthier indoor living conditions by extracting soil, pollutants, allergens and sources of bacteria and odor
- This cleaning method doesn’t require isolating or closing off rooms during or after treatment making it convenient
- The high temperature of steam (more than 100° C)means this method is extremely effective for germs, viruses and bacteria
- Its been said that high temperature steam harms the fabric and fibres of all carpets and rugs. Steam cleaning method is scientifically proven and safe for cleaning by most manufacturers. A simple check can be done to ensure it is the right method
- This method with accompanied by the powerful vacuum action removes the highest percentage of pet odor which is a common problem in multi-layered carpets and rugs
- Steam cleaning is a highly environmentally friendly method compared to conventional “Dry Cleaning”. It avoids the use of strong and sometimes harmful cleaning chemicals that can be harmful
- This process consists of mixing the detergent and water (steam) for a very short time on the surface itself and then extracting the used solution with all the dirt into the tank meaning its quick and eco friendly
- Other techniques leave behind large amounts of cleaning agent afterwards which can be sticky, smelly and actually attract more dirt over time
- Downtime (drying time) for the room or area being treated is only 4 – 6 hours
- Steam is very versatile, delivering optimum results for carpets, rugs, upholstery, curtains and blinds, mattresses, car interiors and many more
- Steam cleaning is also the most cost effective method due to less chemicals required and fast operation times
To work out the best solution your professional carpet cleaner will advise, factoring in all these elements.